Thursday, April 2, 2015

Feature photos look easy, but are more trouble than they seem


Feature photos are tough. That is what I took away from this assignment.
When I left class the day that we were assigned to shoot feature photos the first thing that came to mind was, “Lori gave a good description of how to get this done. Circle the wagon and don’t settle on your first photo.” 
We had to pick two feature photos to do, one being on Wayne State's campus or at least having to do with Wayne State, and the other was what we thought would be a good feature photo off of campus.
For my Wayne State feature I decided to go to the event called Paint with WSU Twist at the Majestic Café.
Briana Collins, WSU junior, attends Painting with WSU Twist at the Majestic Cafe in Midtown Detroit.
On March 5, Wayne State University Student Activities, with the help of the Majestic Café, hosted the event . This event was a part of WSU Thursdays in the D, where students get the chance to discover their inner artist and create their own works of art. 
“These activities are here to help students get to know each other, as well as experience what the city of Detroit has to offer,” Said Briana Collins,a Junior at WSU and president of Kappa Delta Sorority.
Yolanta Washington, manger at Good People Popcorn, peruser bags for the afternoon rush.
For my second picture I took my hunt to the city of Detroit. When walking I was thinking about shooting in Greektown because this section of downtown is always active, day or night. 
As I was walking though my hunger caught up to me. I decided  to eat and as I was walked I saw this small little shop located on the corner of Beaubien and Congress. When I walked in I saw  Yolanta Washington.
She is one of the mangers of Good People Popcorn, which has been open for 6 years she said.
“I've been here since we opened in 2010,” said Washington. “Were getting pretty well known now with Detroit finally coming back. I’m hoping we stay on this path.”
The popcorn smelled fantastic, and I was amazed at how many flavors you could choose.
“Yeah we have 19 flavors to choose from not like that Chicago-based-only-have-4-flavor store!” said Washington.
That store being Garrett Popcorn, which has twelve flavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment